Red Bank United Methodist Church was established as a Union church in 1888. Remaining a Union church with Baptists, Lutherans, and Methodists until 1922. As each denomination grew, it became necessary for each to establish their own places of worship.
In June 1936, the Methodists launched a “pay as you go” building program which spread building costs over three years, totaling $20,000; equivalent to $290,000 today. The Rev. J.R.T. Major, District Superintendent, assisted by Rev. J.L. Singleton, dedicated Red Bank United Methodist Church on October 29, 1939.
In 1965 a fellowship hall was built at the rear of the church property. This building is still in use today, and is affectionately known as “The Hut”.
In 1978, due to growth in the local community, additional educational space was completed along with a kitchen and fellowship hall.
The new parsonage was completed in 1994, located just a few minutes down Old Barnwell Road. Much of the construction labor was done by members and friends.
Due to continual growth in the community, another addition was made in 1998. This addition included: new Sunday school rooms, fellowship hall, kitchen, nurseries, parlor, choir room and office space. This plan also included a new sanctuary that was to be completed at a later date.
On Sunday, November 14, 2004, Red Bank United Methodist Church broke ground on a new sanctuary. Over a year later on Sunday January 15, 2006, the sanctuary was consecrated to the glory of God for worship, praise and fellowship. During construction, special effort was made to include items from the old Chapel including: the stained glass windows and Garden of Gethsemane glass.
In 2018, the church voted to remove the old Chapel and to put a children’s playground in its place. This playground is now used by all children ministries in the church.